Cory and I got to take a trip to NYC in November with Justin and Darla. We absolutely loved it. We ran and ran and ran for four days and saw as much of the city as possible. We left on a Thursday night around 11:00 from the airport and got to NYC about 6:00 am. Even though it was a sleepless night and a crazy day we didn't really seem to notice our lack of sleep.
We went to the musical Rock of Ages and LOVED it! It was one of those shows where when the show is about to end you get just a little bit depressed because you don't want it to be over.
We toured all over NYC. Chinatown, Soho, Central Park, Harlem and Little Italy to name a few. We ate LOTS and lots of food. Hit some delicious bakeries and found our favorite pizza ever.
We took a cruise on the Hudson River at nighttime and got to see the Statue of Liberty all lit up. We ate some really yummy food and watched lots of people dance around like crazies.
We went to the Museum of Natural history and to the Met. I'm glad we took the time to check out some museums. The Met is enormous and overwhelming. It would take days and days to take it all in. Cory and I are good for about an hour in a museum and then we are done.
We loved riding the subway. If you want to pretend like you're a real New Yorker you have to do that. We even saw a real subway rat....from far away thank goodness!
We went down to the 9/11 site and got to see the new buildings under construction, the fountains, the tree that has survived through everything (can't remember the name) and just took it all in. It's pretty eye opening.
We walked 5th ave and checked out all of the ritzy stores. We browsed around FAO Schwartz and felt like little kids. I LOVED that place. We saw the piano and the fortune teller machine "Zoltar" from BIG. I could have spent hours in there inspecting all of the giant candy bars. I felt like a 5 year old and I'm pretty sure Cory thought I acted like one too.
 |
| Standing right outside our hotel in Times Square |
 |
| We tried to get tickets to the David Letterman show but weren't there on the right days of the week. That was a bummer. |
 |
| Cory living out the BIG movie |
 |
| 9/11 memorial |
 |
| Some of the buildings had their Christmas decorations up. Macy's and a few on 5th avenue were my favorite. |
 |
| Rock of Ages!! |
 |
| The Empire State Building |
 |
| Outside the Museum of Natural History |
 |
| We went down to South Seaport (I'm guessing at the name) hoping to check out the shopping and see the sights. But sadly most everything was shut down from Hurricane Sandy. It was sad to see everything deserted and ruined. |
 |
| There were so many cool old buildings to see. I love that kind of stuff. These pics are all of a cathedral near Harlem. I forgot the name of it. |
 |
| Another pic in front of the museum. |
 |
| Statue of liberty from our cruise ship |
 |
| This is the only picture we took in Central Park. It's amazing how big it is. |
 |
| Funny story: Justin was begging and begging Darla to get a pic drawn of herself. Well, he finally got her talked into it. Sad thing is...our artist was not really an artist. As you can see from this picture the drawing looks nothing like me. And the picture he drew right next to that one looked exactly like my twin but with brown hair. Not impressed street artist. But to top it off, right in front of us while we were getting our "portraits" there was a fight going on with some girls and a few guys. The cops and some handcuffs got brought in eventually. Good memories |
No comments:
Post a Comment