We were lucky enough this year to spend a week in Oceanside again. Same house as last year, different time of year. I wasn't sure what to think of the May weather. It was cloudy all day and cold by the beach for the first two days. So we spent a lot of time on the beach in our sweatshirts covered in towels to keep us warm. I guess I shouldn't say we...I should say the girls. Kids don't seem to mind the cold and dumb boys don't either. :) We got to fly this year (not because we wanted to) a whole other story there.
If you don't want to hear every detail of my vacation...skip to the pictures
Monday we spent most of the day on the beach, played lots of Mario Kart in the beach house (how lame is it that we spent so much time facing the ocean with our blinds shut playing Mario Kart?)
Tuesday we drove to La Jolla and walked along the beach, checked out the seals bathing in the sun, and ate some yummy food.
Wednesday was our first day in Disneyland. It was really good weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Meg was really fun to take this year. She was really mad when we walked past Minnie Mouse because we didn't want to wait in an hour long line to get a picture with her. Walker had a blast looking for souveniers. He wanted to go back to the beachhouse as soon as he knew he could get a sword right before we went home. He says his favorite ride was Indiana Jones - but I don't know if he ever had his eyes open long enough to see anything.
Thursday we had a sunny awesome day on the beach. I don't know if there are many things better than a lazy day on the beach with your family followed by a yummy dinner w/ your hubby. :) Thanks Jill and LaMar for babysitting for us so much.
Friday was our second day in Disneyland. Jill and LaMar kept the kids for a while while Cory and I got to go on the big rides. I loved Tower of Terror - thought I might be sick after it, but still loved it. Last year when we went to Disneyland I thought that I didn't like disneyland very much because of the heat. But honestly I'm just not a HUGE fan of it. I just don't think that it's the "Happiest Place on Earth" :)
Saturday was our last day to play and we did all the beach bumming we could do that day. It was hard to get the kids off the beach that evening. Walker discovered that he could find tiny little shrimp to catch.
Who knew how fast a week could go by? It's always so sad to leave the beach behind us.
If you don't want to hear every detail of my vacation...skip to the pictures
Monday we spent most of the day on the beach, played lots of Mario Kart in the beach house (how lame is it that we spent so much time facing the ocean with our blinds shut playing Mario Kart?)
Tuesday we drove to La Jolla and walked along the beach, checked out the seals bathing in the sun, and ate some yummy food.
Wednesday was our first day in Disneyland. It was really good weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Meg was really fun to take this year. She was really mad when we walked past Minnie Mouse because we didn't want to wait in an hour long line to get a picture with her. Walker had a blast looking for souveniers. He wanted to go back to the beachhouse as soon as he knew he could get a sword right before we went home. He says his favorite ride was Indiana Jones - but I don't know if he ever had his eyes open long enough to see anything.
Thursday we had a sunny awesome day on the beach. I don't know if there are many things better than a lazy day on the beach with your family followed by a yummy dinner w/ your hubby. :) Thanks Jill and LaMar for babysitting for us so much.
Friday was our second day in Disneyland. Jill and LaMar kept the kids for a while while Cory and I got to go on the big rides. I loved Tower of Terror - thought I might be sick after it, but still loved it. Last year when we went to Disneyland I thought that I didn't like disneyland very much because of the heat. But honestly I'm just not a HUGE fan of it. I just don't think that it's the "Happiest Place on Earth" :)
Saturday was our last day to play and we did all the beach bumming we could do that day. It was hard to get the kids off the beach that evening. Walker discovered that he could find tiny little shrimp to catch.
Who knew how fast a week could go by? It's always so sad to leave the beach behind us.
This was one of the highlights of my trip. There was a little seal that washed up on the shore right in front of us. He was caught in some seaweed and was really tired when he got to the beach. So we got to watch him up close. He was adorable!
I thought Meg's curls were so cute when we were at the beach! Very cute on a two year old...not so cute on me!









7 comments:
um...it's really hard for me to be your BF if you don't like Disneyland. I will try to look past it! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I want to go there!!
Wow...that sounds so fun!! That picture of Meg and her curls is honestly the cutest picture! :) I am glad you had fun!
It looks like you had a fun time. Don't you just love it in Cali. I told Ryan we need to start selling drugs so we can buy a house down there lol. I love the seal, it is so cute. Did you wave to Van and Amber when you left?
How fun! I'm jealous! Love the little seal and Meg's way cute curly hair! Looks like you had lots of fun!
Looks like you had lots of fun. The pictures are way cute!
Looks like fun Kim. I agree sometimes Disneyland isn't the happiest place on earth especially when you have people complaining about things to you (yes this happens to me almost every time I go uhg). Meg is so cute, love the curls!
You guys do such fun stuff as a family! I need to tell my folks to get with the program! j/k! That seal was awesome!!
Post a Comment