So, today we had to put our sweet dog, Alex, to sleep. He was about 8 years old....we had him longer than Walker! He was such a friendly, happy, fun, mellow, perfect dog. He never barked w/ out a reason, was so good with our kids - Meg could pull on his ears and he would just bear it. He thought he was part of the family - I guess he was. He never let us leave on the four wheeler without jumping on the back and taking up way too much space, or follow us until he couldn't run anymore and we had to load him on and bring him home. When we went camping he would jump into the chairs surrounding the fire (he jumped right onto Haley's lap once). If he ever heard the truck start he barked and jumped around until it was out of sight or he got to hop into the back to go for a ride. We'll never be able to replace him and he'll be missed like crazy. Hope there are lots of 4-wheelers to ride on wherever he's at now. Luv ya buddy!!!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Sad, sad day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
that is so sad. I am very sorry. I remember when my dog died when I was young, I think I cried for a week. He sounds like he was a fun dog.
Kim, I just did the top of my blog on a digital scrapbooking program then changed it into a jpeg and imported it just like a picture, it was really easy.
Poor alex! I remember when you got him when we were neighbors. I guess you'll just have to get another one and hope its as good!
i'm sorry about your dog. i hope your kids are doing ok with it.
Sorry to hear about Alex! It is hard to lose a pet that has become like family!
Well Kimmie I had to cry, I hope you are doing better, I felt so bad for you at work on Friday.
Janet
I'm sorry to hear about Alex. I'm sure Darla would give you one of her dogs if you really want one!=)
Post a Comment