Who knew nine days could go by so fast! I've never been on a vacation that I wasn't ready to come home from, but this time I didn't want it to ever end. I decided I could definitely be a California girl if only I could have decent hair in the humidity! I have the ugliest hair when we go to places on the beach. So I never look cute for any of the pictures! :( Stupid frizzies! Anyway, I'm going to go over each day while we were there and if you get bored or don't want to read it-sorry, just skip ahead. I already have a hard time remembering what we did so I figured if I put it on here I won't be able to forget it.
We left at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning and drove and drove and drove! Honestly it wasn't that bad. The kids were so good and we stopped in Prim and had breakfast w/ Justin, Mary,Kurt, Shay, Kayden and Brody. Then we headed to Oceanside. We got there at around 3:00. It was so cool, the house was right on the beach the only thing between us and the sand was a one way street. We had an awesome view and got to fall asleep listening to the ocean every night. I definitely want to do this one again.
Monday we just hung out at the beach all day. We did lots of boogie boarding and body surfing, Cory and Kurt tried their best to surf all week long but decided that they should have taken some lessons. It's a lot harder than it looks. I didn't even give it a try because I know if Cory or Kurt can't do it - I definitely won't be able to, so I just stuck w/ the boogie boards.
Tuesday we went to Disneyland. Walker had a blast! I don't think I love Disneyland in August, it's WAY too hot and there were so many stinking people. I was ready to go home after just a few hours, but after it cooled off I decided it was ok and I wasn't going to die of heat stroke. I also realized that I HATE the stupid rides that you get in and ride around in the dark and look at the creepy pictures and listen to the music. I tried to be big and brave-but it still bothered me. How big of a chicken am I? I hated being on those cars alone with Meg. Maybe I'll be big enough next time we go :) I make it sound like I didn't like it - I really did, but I won't be going back anytime soon. I do have to say that Space Mountain is so stinkin' fun!!
Wednesday we woke up went to the beach for the morning and then went to Sea World for the rest of the day. Who knew Seaworld was so cool at night. They change the shows up when it gets dark. It was lots of fun. Meg got her fix of Elmo too. They had a fun 3D movie of Elmo and Meg loves nothing more than "Melmo".
Thursday was our lazy day. Jill and Lamar took Walker back to Disneyland with them. We only planned on one day there and LaMar just couldn't leave Walker behind while they went for a second day. So it was me, Cory, Meg, Kurt, and Shay at the house all day long. I got to read my "Breaking Dawn" book for a long time! I had to be careful taking that book with me, I was afraid I would get too engrossed in it and forget that I was at the beach. I only got in trouble by Cory one time. Cory and Kurt "tried" to surf, then we walked around some shops and just took it easy.
Friday we went down a really cool beach in La Jolla. We saw seals sprawled out on the shore sunbathing. It's more fun to see them out in "wild" rather than at Seaworld. It had a lot of rocks where we could see crabs, little fish, and lots of seashells. I really wanted to see a starfish but never saw any. Walker says this was his favorite place but his favorite thing we did changes every time you ask him.
Saturday we headed back down to La Jolla with more people and did the same thing. It was lots of fun. Then that night Cory and I got to go on a date while Justin and Mary kept our kids. It was fun. We went over to the harbor and ate at a restaurant w/ live singing. Cory got a bucket o' meat! So funny, seriously I've never seen so much meat in one bucket for one person.
Sunday we left the beach house around 10. I hated leaving the ocean behind me. Then we headed to Vegas and played there w/ the kids for the night. And Monday we shopped in St. George for "HOURS" is what Cory would say. He got mad at me because I spent so much time shopping and hardly bought anything. Wouldn't most husbands be happy about that?
The End.
We left at 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning and drove and drove and drove! Honestly it wasn't that bad. The kids were so good and we stopped in Prim and had breakfast w/ Justin, Mary,Kurt, Shay, Kayden and Brody. Then we headed to Oceanside. We got there at around 3:00. It was so cool, the house was right on the beach the only thing between us and the sand was a one way street. We had an awesome view and got to fall asleep listening to the ocean every night. I definitely want to do this one again.
Monday we just hung out at the beach all day. We did lots of boogie boarding and body surfing, Cory and Kurt tried their best to surf all week long but decided that they should have taken some lessons. It's a lot harder than it looks. I didn't even give it a try because I know if Cory or Kurt can't do it - I definitely won't be able to, so I just stuck w/ the boogie boards.
Tuesday we went to Disneyland. Walker had a blast! I don't think I love Disneyland in August, it's WAY too hot and there were so many stinking people. I was ready to go home after just a few hours, but after it cooled off I decided it was ok and I wasn't going to die of heat stroke. I also realized that I HATE the stupid rides that you get in and ride around in the dark and look at the creepy pictures and listen to the music. I tried to be big and brave-but it still bothered me. How big of a chicken am I? I hated being on those cars alone with Meg. Maybe I'll be big enough next time we go :) I make it sound like I didn't like it - I really did, but I won't be going back anytime soon. I do have to say that Space Mountain is so stinkin' fun!!
Wednesday we woke up went to the beach for the morning and then went to Sea World for the rest of the day. Who knew Seaworld was so cool at night. They change the shows up when it gets dark. It was lots of fun. Meg got her fix of Elmo too. They had a fun 3D movie of Elmo and Meg loves nothing more than "Melmo".
Thursday was our lazy day. Jill and Lamar took Walker back to Disneyland with them. We only planned on one day there and LaMar just couldn't leave Walker behind while they went for a second day. So it was me, Cory, Meg, Kurt, and Shay at the house all day long. I got to read my "Breaking Dawn" book for a long time! I had to be careful taking that book with me, I was afraid I would get too engrossed in it and forget that I was at the beach. I only got in trouble by Cory one time. Cory and Kurt "tried" to surf, then we walked around some shops and just took it easy.
Friday we went down a really cool beach in La Jolla. We saw seals sprawled out on the shore sunbathing. It's more fun to see them out in "wild" rather than at Seaworld. It had a lot of rocks where we could see crabs, little fish, and lots of seashells. I really wanted to see a starfish but never saw any. Walker says this was his favorite place but his favorite thing we did changes every time you ask him.
Saturday we headed back down to La Jolla with more people and did the same thing. It was lots of fun. Then that night Cory and I got to go on a date while Justin and Mary kept our kids. It was fun. We went over to the harbor and ate at a restaurant w/ live singing. Cory got a bucket o' meat! So funny, seriously I've never seen so much meat in one bucket for one person.
Sunday we left the beach house around 10. I hated leaving the ocean behind me. Then we headed to Vegas and played there w/ the kids for the night. And Monday we shopped in St. George for "HOURS" is what Cory would say. He got mad at me because I spent so much time shopping and hardly bought anything. Wouldn't most husbands be happy about that?
The End.
We had so much fun taking pictures with the sunset in the background. Isn't that so cute of Cory and Meg.










14 comments:
WOW!! You guys know how to live it up with a beach house!! Sweet!! I bet the kids just can't wait to go back to Disneyland!!
Great sunset pics too!!
Looks like you had a blast! Too bad you had to come back to Delta, but we got "the rez", just as good as the beach, right? Makes me want to go to California right now!
I've so been waiting for you to update. Looks like you guys had a blast. You're a dork. The rides at disneyland aren't that scarey!! I love that place. Seeing pictures makes me want to go back! I'm glad you're home, I missed ya!
Cory looks like he almost got up on his surf board. So I haven't started the Twilight books yet, but Haley tells me you got her hooked, so maybe I'll give them a try.
Your pics on the beach are so cute!! Next time you go take me along it sounds like you guys had a great time.
Disneyland is a blast! I am sure Walker wants to go back! The beach house looks way fun! It makes me want to go to California right now! I am glad you guys had fun!
I'm so jealous. Sounds like you had so much fun. Delta is just about as fun though! Who am I kidding, no it's not! Glad your back.
hey guys, it's shellie (cory's cousin) i stumbled onto your blog somehow. i sometimes get looking around at blogs and can't stop, it's an addiction that i'm trying to get over.
anyway, you guys have such a cute little family. i can't believe how old your kids are getting. i guess that's what happens when we don't see each other too often.
How fun!! I am hoping to get to go next year.
yeah, I am so glad we found you. What a fun trip, I love all the pictures from the beach it looks like a great time, welcome back!
How fun. I love Southern Cal. I love sitting on the beach even if it isn't warm. I am glad you had fun. We are going in January I can't wait. Don't you just love beach houses they are the best.
That makes me jealous. We just got back from Yellowstone and it was cold. I know what you mean about your kids getting old try having a 6th grader. Then you'll feel like a grandma.
I love your pictures, especially the one with the sunsets! How fun!!!
Hi Kim! Now that makes two people I know who went to Oceanside this summer. The pier in the pictures is a definite give away. Great sunset pics by the way. It's been over a year since we've been to the beach/Disneyland/Sea World and I am sooooo ready to go back! I love the ocean and we are Disneyland fanatics. You have to go in either early November, or Jan/Feb. No lines and nice jacket weather. Thats when we love to go. You'll have to tell me more about your beachhouse. There are some nice condos there (North Coast Village) right on the beach that we have wanted to try out, but I'd like to do some comparing. I enjoyed reading about your vacation... and sorry this comment is so long. :) I had to make it match your long blog. lol
Post a Comment