Monday, October 10, 2011

Yellowstone

 This year for family vacation we went to Yellowstone with Cory's family and stayed in Island Park. We had lots of fun, saw lots and lots and lots of scenery, geysers, buffalo, elk, and even a mama bear and her cub! We were actually just driving in Island Park when we saw the bears run across the road. So glad I was in the car!! We stayed in some really nice and way cute cabins. We went into Yellowstone two separate days and had some days just hanging out in the cabins relaxing, hot tubbing, playing settlers, and chasing lots of kids. We had a really fun game of Newlyweds one of the nights too. I really do have the best in-laws.

Cory and Preslie on the doc at a lake we drove up to on a random drive.

The boys

One of our trips to Big Springs. The kids loved feeding the ducks and fish. We saw a muskrat too. This place was so pretty

cheesing it on one of our many hikes in Yellowstone

I had to put this picture in because of what Meg said while she was dancing with Cory. The two of them were just playing around dancing to a slow song and Meg said, "Dad, I wish Kael was here." Cory asked her why and she said, "Because then I could dance with him." Kael is our neighbor boy and they are the best of friends, but when she's slow dancing the last thing I want her to be thinking of is a boy her age! She should only want to dance with her dad at this point.



Remember the first picture where Cory is sitting on the dock with Preslie? Well, the boys had a great idea to jump into the water off of that dock. It might look like it was warm, but it was not. Cory made a makeshift swimsuit out of his tshirt and Kurt just went for it. It was so funny. We got all the little boys to do it too. It was definitely entertaining for Elicia and I. We weren't dumb enough to jump into the freezing cold water.




Posing in front of one of the 10,000 geysers we saw


 I know this picture looks like we are torturing our daughter, but that's because we were. It was so funny how afraid she was and we had to take a few pictures
Old Faithful

2 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

I am so obsessed with this Park! Honestly...I would live there year round if I could. Probably would freeze to death, I know...but I would die a happy girl! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Finlinson's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Your kids r getting so big :)