Monday, October 10, 2011

Red Rock Relay

A bunch of my friends and I ran the Red Rock Relay this year in September. It was one of the most fun things I've done. Talk about the most gigglingest, stinkiest, sweatiest, bondingest, cheerleadingest, hardest time of your life! (Yes I made up some of my own words to describe my experience) We stayed in Stacia's in-law's cabin up Parowan and I got about 4 hours of sleep the first night. We started the race at about 6 a.m. at Brian Head and finished around noon the next day in Springdale (right by Zions canyon). We lived in the car for most of the time except for some much needed breaks at Cassie's and Haley's. Showers were the best things ever! I ran my first leg (5.8-SO HARD!!!) around 10 am, my second leg (5.6) at about 8:30 pm, and my last leg at about 5 am. All on about 7 hours of sleep in two nights.
 Here I am on my first leg pretending like I don't want to fall over and collapse
Waiting for our turn to run (Erin, Me, Cassie, Darla)
 Here is our whole team minus Michelle who was running at the moment. 
Van 1's first leg finished

 Stripe #1
 Tiff, Me, and Kathi 
These two were on another team from Delta and we got to run with them for a little bit of the race
 At the finish line!
Kaela, Dani, Cassie, Michelle, Me, Amber, Darla
Carli, McKenna, Marci, Erin, Shannon, Stacia

Obviously we thought our Stripes were a big deal because we're showing them off in every picture. 
I will definitely be doing this again! So much fun.

2 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

That sounds like a blast!!! How fun! And what a great area to run in!

Finlinson's said...

You are my hero! Way to go :)