Wednesday, March 23, 2011

....wrestling

Cory reminded me last night that I never blogged about Walker's wrestling season. I didn't blog about it on purpose hoping that it would be erased from my memory forever. Man, it's hard to watch your kid wrestle. I learned that one of the hardest things to do is watch your child feel defeated, and not to mention being held down by other little boys while struggling to get away. But I also realized how good it is for him to learn to lose so that when he finally wins he is a good winner and knows how the other kid feels. (He patted the wrestler that he won on the back as he walked away.) Walker lost all of his matches up until the tournament where he won two of the three and took second place in his weight division. What a difference it makes when he wins. Cory and I  can actually breathe, and Walker isn't crying after his match, he's got a big 'ol grin on his face.  Before the tournament he told me he was going to finish out the season and would be done with wrestling....once he won a few matches he changed his mind.  I hope he forgets!  

4 comments:

Liz Szilagyi said...

Ugh, Ben was a wrestler and wants our boys to try it and I DREAD DREAD DREAD the idea. Glad he finally won when it "matters most."

The Tophams said...

Good for Walker, what a good kid! I'm actually so super glad Austin has never asked to wrestle (we don't ever bring it up either:)), I don't know if I could watch it! Glad he had a good end to the season!

Michelle said...

I feel the same way about wrestling! I hope my boys are never interested. I am sure it is super hard watching your own boy wrestle! Good job to Walker!!

Kellie & Cody said...

Wow. I'm not even a mom and I think that sounds hard!!! That is cool he patted the other kid on the back though! Great sportsmanship!