Monday, February 7, 2011

St. George 1/2 marathon

 After being dead set against ever doing another half marathon I sucked it up and did my second. Cory was so awesome to train with me and run along with me all 13.1 miles. Even let me beat him over the finish line. He could have finished far before me but he stuck by my side and literally pushed me up one or two hills. Thanks Cory!! You're the best. (I felt like I had my own Biggest Loser trainer with me at times)

Honestly though, this run wasn't near as bad as my first. The weather was great in St. George, we got to see my little sis and her fam, and my awesome mom came with us so she could watch my kids while we ran our race. Thanks mom!

My friends Tiff and Michelle ran the race too. One day I'll be as fast as them....

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my heck Kim, you are an awesome runner, so don't say that! I had way fun in St. Georget too. It was fun that we were all down there!

Jen Howick said...

that is amazing... you are my hero!

Bryan and Jessica said...

awesome job kim! you are amazing!!!

The Tophams said...

Way to go! Sad I missed out on this one, maybe next year. You should sign up for the marathon in Ogden so we can run it all together, it will be fun I promise:)

Kellie & Cody said...

That is awesome!!! Funny thing--just today one of my classmates asked me if I wanted to do a half marathon this August. You should come join us!!! I love to run--but hate running in front of people! Conquer my fears!! Sounds like you did awesome!