Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ogden Marathon

We have an official Marathon Finisher in the family now!! Way to go Cory! You're amazing and crazy and brave and did I say crazy? Cory has been training for the Ogden marathon for months now and it finally came time for his official running debut. He did AWESOME. He finished in 4:01 and didn't collapse or have to be carried over the finish line. We're all so proud and amazed at him. Now it's time to start training for the St. George marathon in October. I did mention that I think he's crazy right?

That little red dot under the time box is Cory finally crossing the finish line.
So proud of his medal
have you ever seen anyone so excited to be wearing a marathon finishing medal??


I had a girl's weekend planned for this weekend with all my running friends before Cory ever decided to sign up to run. So while I was with my friends enjoying the Cheesecake factory and some much needed girl time, Cory was with his brother Kurt getting in some golf, movie and brother time.

Stacia and I (the pregnant ones) were the drivers for all these runners while we were up there. We had an awesome time. We definitely need to take one of these girls trips when there is no running involved. Theres no staying up late playing games and laughing when everyone has to be out of bed by 5 or 6 in the morning. Way to go girls!! Next year I'll be running with you.
While Cory and I were off playing with our friends Jill and LaMar kept our kids for us. (Thanks guys!!) After the race they took them to Hill Airforce Base to show them the planes and helicopers. They had lots of fun and came home with some great souveniers.

No comments: