Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Fun

We headed out on our annual Christmas tree hunt this year the day before Thanksgiving. Just the four of us. Definitely wouldn't recommend that to anyone. Two adults, two kids, one GIANT HEAVY Christmas tree, and one two year old that demands to be carried doesn't equal easy. But it was fun...sort of.

I wish someone would have been there to secretly video tape Cory and I pulling our tree up the steep hill. We were both tripping and falling over the whole time getting covered in pine gum. I know that tree's mission was to drag us down the hill. When we finally made it up the hill, Meg was screaming at the top of her lungs thinking that we had left her so Cory had to drag the tree the rest of the way with just Walker's help while I had to pack Meg down the mountain on my hip. Even though we had such a struggle with the tree we still had some fun. Walker loved throwing snowballs at us. Meg - well, she didn't have fun. She's a scardey cat and wasn't impresse
d with the hills or the slippery snow. I think the dog had the most fun of all!
Walker with his snowball ready to be fired
Cory and Walker hauling the tree
Cory and the kids sledding when they went a few days later with Cory's fam
The kids showing off their new Christmas ornaments for this year. Definitely not the most flattering picture of either of them.
We gave the kids their Christmas church clothes and here they are modeling them. Maybe I'll have to use this picture for a Christmas card. They both look pretty darn adorable.
The finished product. I've had to move all the ornaments up high so Meg will stop pulling them down to play with.

7 comments:

Finlinson's said...

Way cute family! We need to see the tree though!!

Kim said...

your right Ang! Maybe I'll stick a picture on now. :)

Darla said...

Wow that looks fun! :) Thats why I bought my tree this year! Good memories for you though.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a way fun time! I miss having a real tree and those memories...but not putting the lights on it1

Jamie said...

Looks like fun! Walker and Meg look way cute in their new church clothes.

Tiff said...

You are a good mom. I would of left the tree and went home! It turned out way cute and your kids look adorable as always!

Missy said...

I love your tree story...I was laughing inside. I've never done that and I don't know if I ever will...maybe if I want a good laugh. ;)
I met your sister last Saturday...she's such a cutie and has a sweet family!