Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cruise!!

~another very long post for myself to remember what we did~

We had so much fun on our cruise! We left Ft. Lauderdale went to Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. We got stranded in the airport in Dallas for an extra three hours because there was something wrong with our plane. So after testing it FOREVER they finally got us a new plane. (Thank goodness we flew out a day early). We got to Florida around 8:30 p.m. (people in Florida definitely aren't the most friendly people I've ever met). Monday morning we got on the boat WAY before it left the port. I don't think I'd do that again. There wasn't much to do and we felt kind of lost. But once we set sail it got crazy and there were lots of things to entertain ourselves with. We went to lots of shows, comedy, dance/singing (gay men), love and marriage game, Quest game, karaoke (no we did not sing. We watched a lot of drunk people make fools of themselves- so funny!!), Ate YUMMY food every night with two couples on their honeymoons..they were about our age and we were on our 10 year anniversary...funny. In Key West we didn't plan anything so we just got off the boat and wandered. It was a cool place. Lots of old buildings and interesting people. Cozumel was so pretty! As we were pulling up I couldn't get over the color of the water. It was honestly the color of sapphires. We took a taxi to a private resort there and rock climbed, repelled, walked across bridges, and zip lined. Then we snorkeled and hung out on the beach. So much fun!! In Belize we took a HOT/crampted van until we got stranded on the side of the road...twenty minutes later we got a new van to take us Cave tubing. We hiked through the jungle for about 1/2 hour and got to the caves. It was kind of like Lehman caves or Timpanogas Caves but you floated through it on the river. Way cool!!

Sunset as we were leaving Florida
Our waiters we had every night at dinner. Don't ask me what they were saying most of the time. I just had to nod and smile to most of the people working on the ship. I think I'm hearing impaired when it comes to people with accents! Cory thought it was pretty entertaining watching me try to figure out what people were saying.
Tired of walking around in Key West
Pulling out of Port from Ft. Lauderdale
Cory posing in Key West
Key West
Can you see how tight I'm hanging onto the rope above me??
Cory Rock Climbing. When we got the top we had to do a dance to celebrate or our guys wouldn't let us down. so funny!
Me repelling. SO scary to back over the edge!!
The resort we were at in Cozumel.
Cory playing in the ping pong tournament.
Formal night for dinner
This is me stranded on the side of the road in Belize.
My view of Cory cave tubing
Hiking through the jungle
Our cruise ship
Inside the cruise ship
Our waiters singing "Happy Anniversary" to us
My view at lunch
Our awesome dinner friends. Sarika, Javan,- from the Bahamas. Josh, and Ashley from Kentucky. We had lots of fun with these guys.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my heck Kim, that looks and sounds so fun!! I can't believe all the fun stuff you guys did. I am glad that you guys had a great time...I am so jealous!!

Tiff said...

How fun! It looks so pretty. Maybe some day we'll get to do something like that. I'm so glad you were able to go. Happy Anniversary!

Amanda M. said...

Happy Anniversary, what a great way to celebrate! That looks like so much fun, what a blast I am glad you got to go!

The Tophams said...

Wow, it looks so fun and way pretty! I'm jealous! I bet you guys had a blast, Happy Anniversary!

Darla said...

K enough pictures! I can't take it!! Happy Anniversary guys! I think we should celebrate big together for our 11th! Thats a big one, right?

nicole said...

Oh it brings back memories of our cruise 2 years ago!! Oh I loved it!!!! Great pictures so glad you guys went:)