Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Whatever happened to....

Whatever happened to a hut made of just pillows and blankets??

Cory promised Walker that they could sleep out on the trampoline the other night and by the time night came it was really cold and Cory wasn't too excited about the idea. So he told Walker he'd make them a hut to watch a movie and sleep in.

Well, Cory doesn't just make some regular old hut! He had string, couches, sheets, screws, and a ceiling high enough for us to stand up in. He's such an awesome dad, he spends as much time as possible with the kids and always makes sure that they're happy and having fun not to mention the kids love him to death! Cory, Meg, and Walker slept in the hut all night long. I'm a party pooper and didn't want to sleep on the floor so I stayed for a while to watch some of the movie and then headed up to my warm, soft bed.


The proud hut builder

7 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun!! Dads are awesome. No wonder kids always want their dads and not moms! :)

Melanie said...

I am the party pooper too, I never sleep in our forts either.

Jamie said...

You are so awesome Cory. I used to love to build huts when I was little, but they were never that cool!

Darla said...

I'm pretty sure Cory is the biggest little kid I have ever met! Fun!

shellie said...

I use to love making huts when I was little, I should start making some with Bryson. Maybe I could get some good tips from Cory.

Tiff said...

That is so fun. My girls love to make huts. I'm not to fond of them it always seems like I'm the one picking up the mess! Oh well!

Meladie said...

How fun! I love the hut...that's awesome. I'm with Tiff...I usually always am the ones picking up the hut mess, but my kids LOVE them! What a fun dad.