Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vegas!

What an awesome birthday present! Cory tried to surprise me for my birthday but sadly he's just not very good at surprises :). I knew he was planning something because I got kicked out of the room when he'd get on the computer. I was in the kitchen and heard Phantom of the Opera belt out of our speakers. Cory hurried and turned it down and said, "DID YOU HEAR THAT???" So funny. If he wouldn't have said anything it probably wouldn't have registered in my mind what had happened. There goes part one of my surprise. Then he decided if he couldn't surprise me with "what" we were doing he would surprise me with "when". He said he'd pack my bags for me. Needless to say I was a little stressed about this part. This part got ruined too...and this time it wasn't Cory's fault. We came home Sunday night and there was a message on the answering machine from Cory's home teaching partner about not going home teaching the next weekend because Cory will be out of town! I hurried and turned it off and told Cory I probably shouldn't have heard that message. Poor Cory!! Thanks for trying though. You are the absolute best husband a girl could ever ask for. He even got a substitute for my primary class!

We went with Kurt and Shay and had a blast. We got to witness when Kurt surprised Shay with the news that they weren't in Delta for the weekend - they were going to Vegas! So fun.
Shopping at the outlet stores Kurt, Shay, Cory.
Sexy glasses right?!
It was 70 degrees there! And I came home to our town covered in fog! Yuck!
Going in to see Phantom. It was SO good.
The second night we went and saw The Blue Man Group. I absolutely loved both shows. We stayed at New York New York, ate lots of good food, had lots of laughs, had some very late nights, and I found a love for electronic Black Jack! Thanks so much for the fun and for being so good to me Cory! Luv ya.


14 comments:

Finlinson's said...

You have such a fun husband to plan and tried to surprise you with such a fun weekend. Looks like you had a great time.

Jamie said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. Poor Cory and his ruined surprise!

Darla said...

Still jelous! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Next time we're going with you! :)

andrea said...

Wow that looks way fun. I've never been to Vegas, maybe someday. That was so much fun getting together. Hope we can do it again sometime soon.

Missy said...

VERY cool!! What a great husband!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh poor Cory's ruined surprise!! It was so much fun! I'm sad to be home in this awesome weather!

Melanie said...

How fun. You look so cute. Happy Birthday on Sat. BIG 30!!!!

The Tophams said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous!

Amanda M. said...

Oh Kim, that sounds like so much fun! 70 degrees and shows and shopping, what fun. Cory is so sweet to try to suprise you, sometimes it is a little hard for guys, we women are just too smart, hee hee, Happy Birthday!

shellie said...

LUCKY!! i wish someone would surprise me with a trip to vegas. I can't believe he even packed for you...so cool.

Michelle said...

Fun weekend! I am way jealous too! Have a happy 30th birthday!

Bryan and Jessica said...

looks like you guys had lots of fun! with the weather being so warm it does give you spring fever and then we come back to the yucky cold! Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! turning 30 really isn't too bad! :)

Elicia said...

Way fun! Happy Birthday tomorrow! You look way good for your age! j/k hahaha

Amber said...

Wow! How fun! I know it feels like I haven't seen you forever too.
Let me know when you guys are going boarding again. It would be fun to go together and we could split the gas :)